Service Desk Analyst
CA - ON - Brampton
IT Weapons, a division of Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is a managed IT services, cloud solutions and consulting firm that has won over 30 awards for service excellence and technical leadership, and are ranked among the top 50 IT service providers in North America.
Our team maintains the highest levels of industry certification in all aspects of business-related IT and operate state-of-the-art and highly secure Data Centres across Canada. We are Canada’s only IT service provider that jointly holds SSAE-16 accreditation, an ITIL certified Service Desk staffed day and night, and Controlled Goods Program of Canada designation for the management and storage of data related to National Security and Defense.
We're doing well, and we're growing - and now looking to add another great person to our (already awesome) Service Desk team.
Successful applicants are able to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. We are looking for applicants who take pride in the quality of their work and who share our commitment to honesty, integrity, and personal accountability. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technical personnel, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. A sense of urgency for task completion and for client experience are essential.
- Provide front-line support for both hardware and software issues via telephone or remote assistance in a timely manner
- Root cause analysis for end user problems
- Escalating technical support issues internally and externally with manufacturers (Microsoft, Dell)
- Monitoring client IT systems to ensure maximum efficiency and minimize downtime
- Following up on ongoing support issues and communicating developments to clients
- Assisting in the maintenance of the IT Weapons Data Centre as assigned
- Assuming the 24/7 Technical Escalation Service Desk on-call duties as scheduled/required
- Create Technical Documentation
- Server patching and testing
- Submit regular time sheet entries
- Ongoing professional development and industry certification
- Business application support (Microsoft Office, Outlook etc…)
- Troubleshooting Citrix and LAN/WAN connectivity issues
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange administration
- Support for Windows Server, BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Familiarity with server virtualization (VMware, Microsoft System Center)
- Mobile device support (iOS, BlackBerry, Android)
- NOC (Network Operating Centre) monitoring and client communication
- Service ticket administration and time entries
- Onsite desk-side support
- VoIP phone system troubleshooting and support
- Hardware configuration – setting up computers, thin client, iPad’s, etc.
- Candidates must have a valid drivers license and 24/7 access to a vehicle
- *Bilingual (French) optional
- This position will require the candidate to successfully obtain clearance under the Government of Canada Controlled Goods Program.
- University Degree and/or related Technical Diplomas are encouraged
- IT technical certifications would be of benefit to a successful candidate
Working at IT Weapons
In between our efforts, triumphs, late nights, and dedication to our clients, comes a fast-paced, team-oriented and friendly culture that helps drive the success of our organization. An open concept office and centralized meeting areas help create a casual and collaborative atmosphere. Neckties are cut loose on day one to help emphasize our unique philosophy. Staying fast, efficient, and flawless is our competitive edge. Our team-first approach extends far beyond typical business hours. IT Weapons runs our own internal basketball league, we play weekly competitive hockey, and hosts multiple social events throughout the year. We cut loose with barbecues, poker nights, an annual company retreat, catered gourmet lunches, and more. A team that plays together wins together.
How to Apply: Please follow this link https://www.fitzii.com/job/24254?s=fc