CA - ON - Brampton
IT Weapons, a division of Konica Minolta Business Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is a managed IT services, cloud solutions and consulting firm that has won over 30 awards for service excellence and technical leadership, and are ranked among the top 50 IT service providers in North America.
Our team maintains the highest levels of industry certification in all aspects of business-related IT and operate state-of-the-art and highly secure Data Centres across Canada. We are Canada’s only IT service provider that jointly holds SSAE-16 accreditation, an ITIL certified Service Desk staffed day and night, and Controlled Goods Program of Canada designation for the management and storage of data related to National Security and Defense.
Successful applicants can work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. We are looking for applicants who take pride in the quality of their work and who share our commitment to honesty, integrity, and personal accountability. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technical personnel, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. A sense of urgency for task completion and for client experience are essential.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve high priority/complex issues while providing constant communication to the client and Managed Services leadership
- Review monthly ticket reports to identify problems and proactively resolve them
- Act as a liaison between the Service Desk and Consulting Teams
- Actively seeks and tries to update existing policies and procedures (does not just maintain status quo)
- Participation in the 24/7 on-call rotation
- Create Technical Documentation
- Server patching and testing
- Submit regular time sheet entries
- Ongoing professional development and industry certification
- Strong Experience supporting unified communications (ShoreTel, Cisco CUCM)
- Calm, methodical approach towards problem resolution
- Possesses strong technical skill with proven ability to diagnose and resolve very complex issues
- Requires minimal direction to complete tasks
- Familiarity with server virtualization (VMware)
- Advanced knowledge supporting Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange etc.
- Knowledge with Citrix, Office 365, Azure, SCCM, McAfee EPO and Linux/UNIX are all considered assets
- Provide “white glove” service for VIP contacts
- Handle escalations from the Service Desk
- Candidates must have a valid drivers license and 24/7 access to a vehicle
- This position will require the candidate to successfully obtain clearance under the Government of Canada Controlled Goods Program.
- University Degree and/or related Technical Diplomas are encouraged
- MCSE, CCA-V and ITIL
Working at IT Weapons
In between our efforts, triumphs, late nights, and dedication to our clients, comes a fast-paced, team-oriented and friendly culture that helps drive the success of our organization. An open concept office and centralized meeting areas help create a casual and collaborative atmosphere. Neckties are cut loose on day one to help emphasize our unique philosophy. Staying fast, efficient, and flawless is our competitive edge. Our team-first approach extends far beyond typical business hours. IT Weapons runs our own internal basketball league, we play weekly competitive hockey, and hosts multiple social events throughout the year. We cut loose with barbecues, poker nights, an annual company retreat, catered gourmet lunches, and more. A team that plays together wins together.