Cash Applications Clerk
CA - ON - Mississauga
***This is a 6 Month Contract***
Konica Minolta is a Global Fortune 1000 Company that has contributed to the world of imaging technology for decades. No! We are no longer a camera company! However our lens technology has allowed us to succeed in the imaging industry. As we continue to grow and develop innovative software and solutions paired with award winning products, we look for highly engaged people to join our team.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
- Responsible for the overall management, application, reconciliation and data integrity of the on‐line cash application process (via the SAP, Cash Application Module).
- Accountable for the accurate & expedient application of all cash receipts.
- Responsible for daily balancing of all cash records & error exception reports, ensuring that cash received by mail (and electronically), balances to the cash posted to the open items on the accounts receivable system.
- Scrutinize all cheques to ensure that they are correctly made out and current dated.
- Review and update cheque remittance detail with account number detail, ensuring that remittance is applied (or forwarded) to the correct cost centre/branch.
- Initiation of Action ID’s to Credit Analyst requesting subsequent remittance information &/or advising them of discrepancies, that require follow‐up and resolution.
- Preparation of cash deposits for the bank, application & reconciliation of EFT and Credit Card transmissions.
- Detailed search of & application of Customer data base information used for the identification, verification & application of remittance information.
- Prepares & applies journal adjustments & transfers monies to applicable accounts.
- Reconciliation of system generated reports to remittance data, allowing for error identification & correction of out of balance conditions.
- Identification of duplicate payments, duplicate deductions & other discrepancies. Investigates payment discrepancies & refers remittances to Credit Analyst for additional action.
What Konica Minolta Offers:
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits
- Employer contributions to RRSPs
- Career Advancement in a fast growing global economy
- Extensive North American Best in-class Training
- Sales Commission and President’s Club Opportunities
- Being a part of a fun and exciting team that is passionate about offering solutions
Help Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the workplace of the Future!Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity employer where diversity and inclusion are built into our culture. Our sustainability initiatives have been recognized globally and received high ratings from socially responsible investing organizations worldwide, such as Energy Star, Blue Angel, Eco-Mark, EcoLeaf, FTSE4GOOD Global, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. We have also provided the Clean Planet Recycling Program for Konica Minolta customers to recycle imaging consumables – it is our way.