Technical Support Team Lead
CA - ON - Brampton
IT Weapons, a Konica Minolta company, is an award winning managed IT services, cloud solutions and consulting firm. Our team maintains the highest levels of industry certification in all aspects of business-related IT. We operate state-of-the-art and highly secure Data Centres across Canada. We are Canada’s only IT service provider that jointly holds SSAE-16 accreditation, an ITIL certified Service Desk staffed day and night, and Controlled Goods Program of Canada designation for the management and storage of data related to National Security and Defense.
The Service Desk Team Lead is responsible for providing technical assistance to team members and clients with system and network requests as well as managing the activities and responsibilities of a Team of Service Desk Analysts.
- Manage a team of service desk analysts’ daily activities
- Support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Perform Windows Server Patching on all IT Weapons Servers
- Manage the development of the team by ensuring that daily tasks and activities are in line with their career interests
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Escalate service desk issues to the Service Desk Manager as required
- Be available after hours for Service Desk Analysts escalations
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor those with less experience
- Develop training programs to develop and refine the skills of the service desk team
- Facilitate regular service desk analyst meetings and service ticket reviews
- Responsible for entering time in ConnectWise PSA Tool as it occurs real time
- 2-3 years of experience in leading a team and getting results with a strong client focus
- Strong knowledge of IT applications, processes, software, and equipment
- Strong organizational, presentation, communication (written and verbal) and client service skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- University Degree and/or related Post-Graduate Diplomas are encouraged
- Product knowledge with Citrix, HP, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, and VMware is encouraged
- Ongoing commitment to professional development and industry certifications
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, or MCSE, Citrix CCA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
Working at IT Weapons
In between our efforts, triumphs, late nights, and dedication to our clients, comes a fast-paced, team-oriented and friendly culture that helps drive the success of our organization. An open concept office and centralized meeting areas help create a casual and collaborative atmosphere. Neckties are cut loose on day one to help emphasize our unique philosophy. Staying fast, efficient, and flawless is our competitive edge. Our team-first approach extends far beyond typical business hours. IT Weapons runs our own internal basketball league, we play weekly competitive hockey, and hosts multiple social events throughout the year. We cut loose with barbecues, poker nights, an annual company retreat, catered gourmet lunches, and more. A team that plays together wins together.