Major Account Executive
CA - AB - Calgary
Konica Minolta is a Global Fortune 1000 Company that has contributed to the world of imaging technology for decades. No! We are no longer a camera company! However our lens technology has allowed us to succeed in the imaging industry. As we continue to grow and develop innovative software and solutions paired with award winning products, we look for highly engaged people to join our team.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
The Major Account Executive will provide professional and ethical representation of Konica Minolta Business Solutions to the commercial industry in your territory. You will be assigned a list of named accounts for the purpose developing long term relationships and attaining your quarterly sales targets.
- Maintain a prospect list of buyers for your designated geographical territory and / or named account responsibilities of closeable opportunities in the next 30 days through building relationships with all your accounts, identifying other MFP decision influencers: i.e. Print shop managers, IT managers, etc.
- Keeping track of and developing a relationship with existing Konica Minolta customers that would testify in Konica Minolta’s favor, prompt and diligent follow-up of all sales leads
- Write sales proposals and tender responses for the customer in a clear and concise manner. To establish Konica Minolta as the benchmark technology for future account tender / RFP
- Maintain complete Konica Minolta product knowledge and competitive product knowledge and be prepared for product demonstration on all current products
- Represent Konica Minolta ethically to your customers so that all details of the sales transaction are accurately and unambiguously recorded and understood by the two parties, permitting prompt processing of the sale and thereby minimizing the necessity for subsequent sales rep involvement
- Maintain contact with current customers to identify potential upgrades and prepare “Account Reviews” to customer base semi-annually
- Maintain up to date the territory database of current and competitive accounts for effective sales prospect follow-up
- Project a professional image through appropriate business attire
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of sales experience in a B2B environment
- Good grounding in PC and network concepts and the ability to apply these skills to understanding and delivering printing solutions to our customers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity - Proven ability to sell complex solutions
- Strong negotiation skills to confidently and aggressively seek new business
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence
- The desire to ensure the utmost in customer satisfaction
- A valid driver's license and own a vehicle
- A university or college degree in Business is an asset
What Konica Minolta Offers:
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits
- Employer contributions to RRSPs
- Career Advancement in a fast growing global economy
- Extensive North American Best in-class Training
- Sales Commission and President’s Club Opportunities
- Being a part of a fun and exciting team that is passionate about offering solutions
Help Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the workplace of the Future!
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity employer where diversity and inclusion are built into our culture. Our sustainability initiatives have been recognized globally and received high ratings from socially responsible investing organizations worldwide, such as Energy Star, Blue Angel, Eco-Mark, EcoLeaf, FTSE4GOOD Global, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. We have also provided the Clean Planet Recycling Program for Konica Minolta customers to recycle imaging consumables – it is our way.