CA - ON - Mississauga
Konica Minolta is a Global Fortune 1000 Company that has contributed to the world of imaging technology for decades. No! We are no longer a camera company! However our lens technology has allowed us to succeed in the imaging industry. As we continue to grow and develop innovative software and solutions paired with award winning products, we look for highly engaged people to join our team.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
Collections Representative position is responsible for supporting the company’s global collections and credit risk management to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Manage all outstanding balances for customers and obtain payments by EFT, Cheque’s and Credit Cards reconciling all open payments for account payable.
- Maintain record of all customers past payments and inform customer of same and prepare non-note lease rental payment schedule for customers.
- Determines most effective and economical means of collection for each account; applies standard due diligence practices to collect monies owed; composes correspondence requiring knowledge of procedures and practices in collections and also sends a variety of standard collection letters.
- Advises debtor with past due accounts of proper payment schedules and the principles of credit standings
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts, customer calls, account adjustments, customer reconciliations and processing journal entries.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Administer all collections according to required policies and procedures and perform all credit function and assist customers in obtaining any missing documentation as requested (invoices/statements)
- Prepare an efficient payment schedule for all customers by evaluating all documents in collection systems and negotiate payments with customers if a dispute can’t be resolve. (settlement and payment plans)
- Maintain records of all collection accounts by reviewing age trial balance in a weekly basis and collecting on the highest outstanding balance/oldest outstanding accounts in order to reduce delinquency and bad debt.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform all audit activities and prepare all corrective plans for collection procedures. Working with sales representatives in all processes to ensure account reconciliation is complete and understood by customer.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Managing incoming calls from our online customer service line to ensure all calls receive a live agent to assist with any inquires
- Recommends accounts to be turned over to collection agencies or for litigation; prepares report of historical data to substantiate action to be taken.
- Results oriented communication and team interaction.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Credit Department.
- Provides credit references to our customer's suppliers, as requested.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree and/or completion of community college courses in accounting related field.
- 2-5 years of previous work experience as collections representative.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated, self-starting team player.
- Strong PC skills, experience using word-processing and excel spreadsheet applications. (V look up’s , pivot tables, macros. )
- Works under limited supervision.
- ERP Accounting systems (5 years SAP experience required).
What Konica Minolta Offers:
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits
- Employer contributions to RRSPs
- Career Advancement in a fast growing global economy
- Being a part of a fun and exciting team that is passionate about offering solutions