CA - ON - Mississauga
Why Konica Minolta?
•You want a rewarding career in a results driven environment?
•You want to be part of a dynamic and professional team that cares about customers and have fun doing it?
•You want to work for a company that is going somewhere?
The Konica Minolta team has contributed to the world of imaging technology for many decades. As we continue to grow and develop more innovative software, solutions paired with award winning products, we look for highly engaged people to contribute their talent to the organization. Becoming a part of Konica Minolta is joining a team of forward thinkers who impact the organization and the world of technology!
When You Join Konica Minolta, you can count on:
•Competitive salary and flexible benefits including employer contributions to RRSP’s
•Career advancement in a fast growing global company
•Being a part of a fun and exciting team that is passionate about offering solutions to our clients
Collections Representative position is responsible for supporting the company’s global collections and credit risk management to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Manage all outstanding balances for customers and obtain payments by EFT, Cheque’s and Credit Cards reconciling all open payments for account payable.
- Maintain record of all customers past payments and inform customer of same and prepare non-note lease rental payment schedule for customers.
- Determines most effective and economical means of collection for each account; applies standard due diligence practices to collect monies owed; composes correspondence requiring knowledge of procedures and practices in collections and also sends a variety of standard collection letters.
- Advises debtor with past due accounts of proper payment schedules and the principles of credit standings
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts, customer calls, account adjustments, customer reconciliations and processing journal entries.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Administer all collections according to required policies and procedures and perform all credit function and assist customers in obtaining any missing documentation as requested (invoices/statements)
- Prepare an efficient payment schedule for all customers by evaluating all documents in collection systems and negotiate payments with customers if a dispute can’t be resolve. (settlement and payment plans)
- Maintain records of all collection accounts by reviewing age trial balance in a weekly basis and collecting on the highest outstanding balance/oldest outstanding accounts in order to reduce delinquency and bad debt.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform all audit activities and prepare all corrective plans for collection procedures. Working with sales representatives in all processes to ensure account reconciliation is complete and understood by customer.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Managing incoming calls from our online customer service line to ensure all calls receive a live agent to assist with any inquires
- Recommends accounts to be turned over to collection agencies or for litigation; prepares report of historical data to substantiate action to be taken.
- Results oriented communication and team interaction.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Credit Department.
- Provides credit references to our customer's suppliers, as requested.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree and/or completion of community college courses in accounting related field.
- 2-5 years of previous work experience as collections representative.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated, self-starting team player.
- Strong PC skills, experience using word-processing and excel spreadsheet applications. (V look up’s , pivot tables, macros. )
- Works under limited supervision.
- ERP Accounting systems (5 years SAP experience required).
Does this sound like you? If so, awesome!
Give Shape to Your Career at Konica Minolta
As a global leader in enterprise content management, technology optimization and cloud services, at Konica Minolta you can count on working with a team of highly qualified professionals who are committed to excellence. Konica Minolta offers an exciting and challenging workplace where we encourage our employees to give shape to their ideas.
Our sustainability initiatives have been recognized globally and received high ratings from socially responsible investing organizations worldwide, such as Energy Star, Blue Angel, Eco-Mark, EcoLeaf, FTSE4GOOD Global, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. We have also provided the Clean Planet Recycling Program for Konica Minolta customers to recycle imaging consumables – it is our way of recognizing our responsibility towards the environment and the well-being of the planet.
Konica Minolta are proud sponsors of the Toronto Raptors, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto FC, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Eskimos. For the year 2015, Konica Minolta is a proud sponsor for the Canada Games, taking place in Prince George, BC. The Canada Games are a nation-building event that celebrates youth, sport, culture and community.
Thank you for your interest in Konica Minolta.