CA - ON - Mississauga
Konica Minolta is a Global Fortune 1000 Company that has contributed to the world of imaging technology for decades. No! We are no longer a camera company! However our lens technology has allowed us to succeed in the imaging industry. As we continue to grow and develop innovative software and solutions paired with award winning products, we look for highly engaged people to join our team.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
KONICA MINOLTA VISION:
To be a trusted advisor of high quality document management solutions and services that creates new value for our clients and is a company that can attract, recruit and retain smart talented employees
KONICA MINOLTA MISSION:
To build a high-performance culture and increase efficiencies in our business operations. As one team, executing a single strategy, we will challenge status quo, and create outstanding value and performance for all our customers and their customers
Collections Representative position is responsible for supporting the company’s global collections and risk management to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures. This position provides effective and superior customer service, timely response to internal/external customers with high level of accuracy to protect Konica Minolta’s existing business and promoting additional business with our customers
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- This is a hands-on position that requires the individual to be able to multitask and thrive in a fast‐paced environment and be a key resource and problem solver for our internal stakeholders as well as external customers.
- The ideal candidate will have strong business and financial acumen with the ability to work with multiple groups and people at all levels of Konica Minolta.
- This individual performs accurately, and in timely manner, routine to complex collection activities related to past due accounts, reconciliation of accounts and AR inquiries, etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Responsible for the management of a collection portfolio to ensure timely collection of outstanding receivables
- Determines most effective and economical means of collection for each account; applies standard due diligence practices to collect monies owed and alerts the manager of collections of any concerns
- Providing customer service regarding customer issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments and resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Manage all discrepancies to ensure resolved in a timely manner.
- Release/hold orders for customers within established company and departmental guidelines
- Work effectively with other departments and customer as required to resolve outstanding issues such as returns, claims, pricing adjustments.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints and manage incoming calls from customer service line to ensure all calls receive a live agent to assist with any customer inquiry
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers
- Identify collection concerns, issues impeding payment and reconciliation issues that require escalation and enlist the effort of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Contact customers for payment information based on aging and resolve issues blocking payment; review and release orders as needed. Recognize red flags on accounts and bring to the attention of management
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable Reconciliation with minimal guidance
- Provide overview and follow up of A/R aging analysis to management
- Implement group policies and guidelines regarding credit control and collections
- Ensure the proper posting of all electronic payments made by the client base that has been assigned
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
- Update and document collection files with detailed information from clients, customers, agencies, and maintain professional communications
- Participate in improvement projects for Konica Minolta or customers
- Provide back up for other team members - managing their portfolios in their absence while continuing to manage your own portfolio
- Handle Credit Card processing and application by being mindful of PCI industry compliance
- Identify customer accounts proactively that require credit limit increase or decrease and advise management of those
- Prepare timely proposals for A/R write offs, recommend accounts for third party collections and prepare proof of claim documents for bankrupt accounts to be submitted to the trustee
- Produce reports, analyze data, identify trends, and provide recommendations
- Investigate and resolve customer unapplied cash and contact customers regarding application issues
- Cross train in different functions within the department and Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to policies in all work environments and areas
- Effective payment plan negotiations with difficult customers.
- Co-ordinate various projects as requirement arises
- Accommodating shift-work with start times as early as 8:30 am and finish times as late as 8:00pm.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the department
- Post-Secondary Education or equivalent skills and experience
- 3-4 years high volume Corporate Collections Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and advance level in Excel
- Bilingual in both French & English is an asset
- Excellent communications skills – written and oral
- Experience in Complex Global Company
- Proficient in establishing and developing trust and confidence with critical contacts, both internal and external
- Professional, very conscientious, diplomatic and results oriented with a positive attitude and have the ability to work well within a high volume area, where deadlines need to be adhered to
- Be extremely resourceful & creative when making non-standard, ongoing/daily judgment calls in regard to negotiation of payment plans.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, with little supervision in a stressful and demanding environment
- Able to prioritize work and take on additional projects if needed
- Completing tasks outlined under Key Responsibilities with timeliness and accuracy while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Maintain customer accounts balances at the company established level.
- Achieving monthly goals as a team and individual as per upper management.
- Utilize management strategies to minimize company bad debt. Exceptional customer satisfaction attained, both internal and external.
What Konica Minolta Offers:
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits
- Employer contributions to RRSPs
- Career Advancement in a fast growing global economy
- Extensive North American Best in-class Training
- Being a part of a fun and exciting team that is passionate about offering solutions
Help Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the workplace of the Future!
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity employer where diversity and inclusion are built into our culture. Our sustainability initiatives have been recognized globally and received high ratings from socially responsible investing organizations worldwide, such as Energy Star, Blue Angel, Eco-Mark, EcoLeaf, FTSE4GOOD Global, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. We have also provided the Clean Planet Recycling Program for Konica Minolta customers to recycle imaging consumables – it is our way.