Client Delivery Manager I
CA - MB - Winnipeg
Konica Minolta is a Global Fortune 1000 Company that has contributed to the world of imaging technology for decades. No! We are no longer a camera company! However our lens technology has allowed us to succeed in the imaging industry. As we continue to grow and develop innovative software and solutions paired with award winning products, we look for highly engaged people to join our team.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
Manage the total Managed Print Services operations of assigned accounts by driving accountability to ensure contractual obligations, eligible revenue and margin objectives are met while building and sustaining effective relationships with customer’s stakeholders. Achieve goal of maximum client satisfaction and expansion of Konica Minolta to drive profitable revenue growth. The Client Delivery Manager is accountable for the overall client relationship and will focus on delivering high customer satisfaction to ensure client retention.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
• Overall management of the assigned customer’s output environment
• Assist Sales teams to build and execute a strategic account plan that aligns strategic initiatives to grow Konica Minolta presence in the account in order to identify new sales opportunities and generate more business revenue.
• Use a consultative-selling approach, build trusted advisor working relationships with customer’s senior operational managers and C-level contacts.
• Identify incremental revenue opportunities for additional Konica Minolta solutions including professional services that exceed customers’ expectations to ensure high-level of customer loyalty and maximizes client retention.
• Interface with Konica Minolta SME to anticipate client needs and facilitate solution development.
• Align Konica Minolta resources, including sales and service resources, to the client strategy that strengthens Konica Minolta’s relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
• Demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge of Konica Minolta’s print fleet management capabilities coupled with a deep understanding of the clients’ business and priorities to maximize a mutually beneficial relationship.
• Execute job functions following standard practices and develops or enhances practices as required by customer and business needs
• Continuous improvement plan development and new idea thought leadership
• Achieve a high score in regional customer satisfaction surveys
• Adhere to and consistently achieve the key success metrics within the Continuous Improvement Plan Process
• Represent Konica Minolta in line with Corporate values and policies
• As assigned
• University Degree an asset or a minimum of six (6) years relevant work experience
• Fluent in written & spoken English and or French (region dependent), multiple languages is an asset
• Experience with dealing with multi-disciplined teams that are geographically dispersed
• Previous sales experience (B2B, B2C, inside sales, telemarketing) is an asset.
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
• A minimum of six (6) years business operations experience in an IT related field
• Significant experience interacting with customers, including senior executives
• Experience with the delivery of operations through the use of technology solutions
• Strong analytical/procedural background with a relevant experience in delivering professional services
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
• Goal-oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, perseverance and determination.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word, and Power Point is required
• Ability to work outside traditional business hours if required in meeting the business needs of the client or company
• A valid driver’s license, insurance and access to a vehicle is required.
What Konica Minolta Offers:
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits
- Employer contributions to RRSPs
- Career Advancement in a fast growing global economy
- Extensive North American Best in-class Training
Help Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the workplace of the Future!Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity employer where diversity and inclusion are built into our culture. Our sustainability initiatives have been recognized globally and received high ratings from socially responsible investing organizations worldwide, such as Energy Star, Blue Angel, Eco-Mark, EcoLeaf, FTSE4GOOD Global, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. We have also provided the Clean Planet Recycling Program for Konica Minolta customers to recycle imaging consumables – it is our way.